Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Have you had an unforgettable incident?

One incident i'll never forget, i used to be a heavy drinker and one day two like minded acquaintances, knowing of my prowess, picked me up from work and we hit the pubs. Very much later we ended up at one of my friends local, The Ship at Kennington, and got stuck into the Guinness's. All of a sudden my friend just started to sing. He stood there in the middle of the bar, with his pint pot dangling from his fingers and launched into The Londonderry Air (Danny Boy) .The whole pub went quiet except for one plaintive voice who said reverently "go on Francis", and so he did, and sang the most emotional rendition of Danny Boy i've ever heard. That moment will live with me for ever even though it was some 40 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment