Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Opinions on type of boots for a barrel racing horse?

So, I just bought a new horse for barrel racing, as I retired my other, and want to get into some serious competition. I am considering getting her front, maybe rear, boots as a pro-cautionary measure, to help prevent injury. She doesn't seem to over-reach, or rub her legs together, but I have also only been doing rail work and large cantering figure-8s with her. I have never used boots on my horses, as I just showed 4-H in the past and never really 'pushed' them, or had one with a problem with gait. I just want to get some opinions on type of boot, should I get front and rear, and your reasoning behind it. I do have a pair of splint boots I picked up at a tack swap, but never used them. Please only answer if you have experience in speed events, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment