Thursday, August 11, 2011

When you've REALLY screwed up and it's your fault, and you admit it,...where do you go from there?

I've already lived through the worst of it,...I've taken hold of my own responsibility in the matter. I've admitted it and it pains me to absolutely no end. I am grieving. Beyond belief. I've gotten us into some serious financial peril. I know. On the other hand, so has he with his “wants” turned “need.” But at the same time, I want to fix it as best as I can so as to move past this stagnant little … well, let’s just say, this pond.. Where do we go from here? I'm about as mucked as I can possibly be...how to clean up the mess now? ...haul it out and make fertilizer out of it and buy a new horse? I could leave the situation Scot free with precious few ramifications but I feel it is my responsibility to repair some of the damage I caused. The short story is that I don't see this relationship surviving it and it seems like he needs to vent on me more than he needs to heal. At what point does venting become healing or even abuse? From the looks of it on screen, I should seek out an appropriate shrink. From my vantage point, I see no way to rectify the matter(s) since he's not willing to move past it. It's been 2 months. We’ve been together for more than 7 years. Sometimes I wish I'd committed the crimes that I'm accused of now. Of some I'm guilty, of most, I’m not. Where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment